★★★ iPediatric is an application for fathers, mothers, caretakers, or tutors for babies FROM 0 TO 12 MONTHS, who are born at term and do not suffer from any neonatal illnesses. ★★★
Visit our website for more information: www.ipediatric.es
Scientifically sound application whose medical content has been developed by three prestigious specialists from the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital in Barcelona: Doctors Santiago García-Tornel Florensa, Juan José García and José María Quintillá Martínez.
iPediatric is a fun and entertaining way to control the health of a baby and to enjoy seeing how it grows and develops, register its progress, and also share it in social networks. If the baby gets sick or shows worrying symptoms, although at times difficult to interpret, iPediatric offers a powerful deciding tool that can guide parents and suggest guidelines to follow, NEVER A DIAGNOSIS. It consists of 5 sections:
- Dictionary: in common language and briefly describes the 125 most common illnesses in babies and suggests guidelines for home treatment.
- Development: Chronological list of psychomotor development milestones that the baby should achieve in its first year, alarms for possible disease symptoms, check-ups, and vaccines. If you link to the Android Calendar, it will alert you about future progress and warn you of any possible delays. The achieved milestones can then be shared on social networks or e-mail.
- Query: more than 80 symptoms. The intelligent query helps give advice using everyday language. It follows a emergency room’s typical selection protocol: before delving into the symptom in question, it suggests a series of questions in order to rule out serious symptoms that may have gone unnoticed to parents and that may require immediate attention. If there are none, the search goes through questions about possible symptoms associated with what has already been entered. The query also accounts for the baby’s age: newborn, 1 to 3 months, 3 to 12 months. The result of the query is presented in the colors of a traffic light: red for cases that require immediate medical attention, yellow for those that indicate that you should consult a pediatrician’s within 24 hours, and green for those that are not urgent and can wait until the next routine check-up. From each screen, you can call the doctors whose numbers have been previously recorded when you originally entered your baby’s information, and offers direct access to the dictionary entry related to the issue in question.
- Graphics: if you regularly enter the baby’s height and weight, iPediatric automatically draws a growth graph alongside the WHO growth charts and lets you keep track of your baby’s growth.
- Baby’s Profile: iPediatric requires you to register one or more babies and contribute some obligatory data in order to ensure that the application functions as best as possible. The profile allows you to include a picture that can also be used as a milestone tracker (first words, first tooth, etc.), for posting on social networks, and to communicate any medical incidents (with photo if desired) to your pediatrician by e-mail.