Nursing Skills & Procedures Description:
Download the FREE app and view selected topics.
Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills and Procedures
Based on 8th print ed. 80+ skills w/ rationales. Step-by-step full-color photos. Safety alerts. Includes bullet-ed list of what should be documented in the patient records.
Based on: 8th edition
Author: Anne Griffin Perry, EdD, RN, FAAN and Patricia A. Potter, PhD, RN, FAAN
Publisher: Mosby | Elsevier, Inc.
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages- Bookmarks
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING*:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.
Take this reference to clinicals or on the job for quick access to nursing skills! Based on Perry & Potter's market-leading Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills & Procedures, 8th Edition presents 85 key skills in a A-to-Z format. Step-by-step instructions include full-color photos plus rationales explaining why and how to use specific techniques. This edition adds coverage of two new skills. With the latest in evidence-based practice, this guide helps you perform basic nursing skills safely and effectively.
- NEW! Additional nursing skills include instructions for blood glucose testing and applying a pressure bandage, both important skills in today's practice.
- Safety alerts highlight important information for patient safety and effective performance of skills.
- Unexpected outcomes and related interventions help you troubleshoot potential problems and take appropriate actions to address them.
- Special Considerations address teaching, the home care setting, and care modifications for pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Clear, two-column format shows how to perform skills, with rationales for each step explaining the reason behind the practice and the benefit to patients.
- A Gloving logo identifies procedures in which clean gloves should be worn or gloves should be changed in order to minimize the risk of infection.
- Documentation guidelines include a bulleted list of what should be reported and recorded in the patient records.
- Alphabetical organization of skills makes it easy to find information quickly.
Nursing Skills & Procedures Require:
Require Android 4.2 and up
Share Nursing Skills & Procedures:
Download Nursing Skills & Procedures for Android